Sunday, August 19, 2012

First Long Run

First long run today!  Sundays are the long run days, according to my plan, and today was the first one.  4 miles.  Not long to some people (*cough* Matt *cough*...who just ran 8 miles) but for me it was really hard.  My legs were still sore from the week's training and I was just feeling sore generally.  Luckily, I had gotten a massage this morning, which worked out SOME of the soreness, but I could tell this would be something I would need again soon, so booked another one two weeks out.  I love love love massages... they work out so much tension that I carry around.  I don't get the nice Swedish ones though...I have to go for the tortuous deep tissue massage...feels like hell when you're doing it, but after, woooo-weee, it feels so much better.  You just have to be sure to drink enough water...something that I have become very conscious about.  I have been drinking a LOT more water.  I've been trying to eat much healthier, with lots of protein (usually from shakes or Greek yogurt) and drinking more tea than coffee... so far so good!  I'm weighing in tomorrow though so we shall see!! I'm too embarrassed to put my starting weight... I'll provide that if I get to my goal weight (along with before and after pictures)... until then, I'll have to stick to just posting pounds lost :)  Hopefully, I will be able to post pounds lost and not pounds gained!  I think with the running combined with the clean eating, though, I should start to see a difference.  Any tips are welcome and I would love to see what works for other people!  I'll post the weigh in tomorrow! eek!! NERVOUS!

I'll be posting a lentils recipe shortly, and I'll let you know when that happens by posting a link...

In the meantime, I'll leave you with this:

1 comment: